Friday 26 February 2016

Creative Commons

TODAY, I WILL PUT A PUBLIC LICENSE IN MY BLOG, WHY????????? 


I licensed my blog with a Creative Commons Public License, which you can see at the bottom of my blog. This public license allows everyone to use and share everything I post like original works of authorship and other materials. 

My license has these terms:
  •  ShareAlike: All materials posted can be shared or used but you can´t modify them. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
    I chose this option because the different things that appear in my blog that I created, posted and shared are to develop many different things related to the CLIL approach or e-materials, therefore it is not necessary to modify them.
    This second term, I chose it because in education we can share our ideas, works, resources… with other people to use them in a class but I don’t want other people to publish my ideas, materials… with the purpose of making money. 
      
    What are good ways to motivate our students to use Creative Commons material and attribute properly? 

    It is important to teach our students two things:

    Firstly, they have to be aware of the value of using a license as Creative Common License offers, because with it, they can protect their creations so that nobody copy them and like this, those creations have their own value. For example, when they do a work or create a material and then, if they want to show it and share it on the Internet, you can ask them if they want other people to copy them and if they don´t want to, they have to create their own Creative Commons license. In this way they will have understood why it is important to create it.

    Secondly, they have to learn and to know that there are established laws about the things that they take from the Internet (pictures, texts…) and that they have to respect those laws too. 

    Here is the link (My license):


    No comments:

    Post a Comment